Autism Jersey is Recruiting
As our charity grows and demands for services increase we are looking to fulfill a number of exciting roles within our organisation. If you share our values and are willing to make a difference to the lives of autistic people by delivering the highest standard of support, please get in touch!
Our current vacancies (March 2020):
Are you a natural supportive person looking to assist individuals on the autism spectrum to achieve their potential? Autism Jersey is advocating for an inclusive community and we provide personalised services to individuals, families and carers.
PLEASE SEE HERE OUR LATEST JOB OPPORTUNITIES!
Please email HR@autismjersey.org for more info.
HOLIDAY CLUB KEY WORKERS REQUIRED!
Autism Jersey provides a Holiday Club for primary school aged children with social and/or communication difficulties. This operates for one week during the Easter School Holidays and three weeks during the Summer School Holidays. Hours of operation are 09:00-15:00 daily.
Our club provides a fun and safe environment for children, based at Grands Vaux School alongside daily excursions to local parks and facilities. The Autism Jersey Holiday Club runs in Easter and Summer from:
Monday 6th April – Thursday 9th April 2020 – APPLICATIONS CLOSED.
Monday 20th July 2020– Friday 7th August 2020 – APPLICATIONS OPEN UNTIL JUNE 2020.
(Staff working hours will be 08:45-15:15 daily)
Should you be interested to work at our Holiday Club during 2020, please see the vacancy advert here: 2020 Holiday Club Staff Advert 11.02.2020 FINAL
View Job Description here: JobDes – Holiday Club key worker
SUPPORT WORKER NEEDED – ADULT SERVICES (PART-TIME, OR ZERO HOURS)
An opportunity has arisen to support an active female 50+ who is articulate, complex, non-aggressive, is curious about the world around her and;
- Enjoys outdoor activities such as speedy lane walking, hiking, cliff paths or discovering new trails
- Has an interest in travel
- Creating art in various forms, and exhibiting art
- Has a keen interest in exploring social opportunities
- Enjoys meaningful conversation around a variety of topics
Do you have the following skills & attributes?
- Ability to think outside the box
- Calm demeanour
- Confident to cook basic meals
- A relaxed approach to food
Core skills that would be required:
- Fluent spoken and written English essential
- Experience in support work preferred
- Knowledge of and/or training in Autistic Spectrum Conditions is ideal
- Driving License essential
- Male and Female candidates considered
Having a positive attitude and flexibility to work shift patterns will be essential.
- Part-time OR bank staff applications will be considered. Please state preference when applying.
- Part-time contracts of 11 hours p/w, 16 hours p/w and 22 hours p/w available (with option to increase hours according to needs of charity).
- Shift times are: 0700-1300 (6 hrs) and an afternoon/evening shift of 5hrs e.g. 1500-2000.
- Successful applicants needs to be available to work on every other weekends as well as mornings, afternoons and evenings.
Closing date: 31st March 2020. Email HR@autismjersey.org for more info and an application form.
SENIOR SUPPORT WORKER NEEDED – ADULT SERVICES @ 20 HOURS PER WEEK (PART-TIME, OR ZERO HOURS)
An opportunity has arisen to work closely with a family to support a young adult male, both in a domestic setting which includes personal care and in the community, who:
• Enjoys outdoor activities such as swimming
• Is non-verbal and tactile
• Can present with challenging behaviour
• Has a keen interest in exploring community based opportunities
Applications from individuals with the following skills and attributes would be welcome:
• Ability to think outside the box and be creative in their approach
• Calm and patient demeanour
• Willing to support in the sea/swimming pools
• Comfortable in silence
• Softly spoken
• RQF Level 3 in Heath & Social Care or related qualification, or willingness to complete an RQF Level 3 while working
• Experience in support work preferred
• Knowledge of and/or training in Autistic Spectrum Conditions is ideal
• Fluent spoken and written English essential
• Driving License essential
• Having a positive attitude and flexibility to work shift patterns will be essential.
Pay-scale: £13.91 – £14.32 per hour depending on qualifications and experience.
Closing date: 31st March 2020. For more details please email the HR department at HR@autismjersey.org or call 871888.
SUPPORT WORKER NEEDED – ADULT SERVICES @ PART-TIME OR ZERO HOURS
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Support Worker here at Autism Jersey (15 Hours per week, permanent part-time position). This will be to support an adult male, within his own home and out in the community.
Shift times are: 15 Hours per week to include evening and weekend work.
Knowledge of and/or further training in Autistic Spectrum Conditions & challenging behaviour coupled with at least 1 years’ previous support experience is desirable + QCF Level 2 in Health & Social Care / similar qualification.As the role require split shift, weekend and evening work, having a positive attitude and flexibility to work shift patterns are essential.
Part-time or bank staff applications will be considered.
Please email HR@autismjersey.org for more information.
SUPPORT STAFF NEEDED ( Zero Hours & Part Time)
Experienced Support Workers:
- Knowledge of and/or further training in Autistic Spectrum Conditions & challenging behaviour coupled with at least 1 years’ previous support experience is desirable + QCF Level 2 in Health & Social Care / similar qualification.
- Positions require shift, weekend work and sleep-ins.
- Having a positive attitude and flexibility to work shift patterns will be essential.
- All mandatory training would be provided.
- Previous applicants need not apply.
- Driver’s License essential.
- Support Workers must be 21 years of age and older.
5 Years residency is NOT required for these posts.
For more details please email the HR department at HR@autismjersey.org or call 871888.
Autism Jersey is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children & adults at risk – therefore all successful applicants will be required to complete the relevant safeguarding checks.
For more details please email email@example.com or call Julie Barras for further information on 871876.
If we have not contacted you within four weeks of receipt of your application then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion. Due to limited HR resources we are unable to write to all applicants individually.
If you are aged 16 plus and have a willingness to help others then Autism Jersey is looking for volunteers to help with its befriending service.
The befriending service supports Young people and adults with autism or autism related conditions and also siblings of those with a diagnosis to have some support to attend activities they enjoy or to develop life skills, such as eating out in community.
This role is thoroughly rewarding and beneficial to young people and families on Island .
We would offer training on the autistic spectrum, Child/adult foundation safeguarding training and first aid. All volunteers need to be DBS checked and have two references.
For further information or advice on Volunteering for Autism Jersey, please contact our Family Support Team on (01534) 871888 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Useful Information can be found here: