Autism Jersey is Recruiting
As our charity grows and demands for services increase we are looking to fulfill a number of exciting roles within our organisation. If you share our values and are willing to make a difference to the lives of autistic people by delivering the highest standard of support, please get in touch!
Our current vacancies (November / December 2019):
Are you a natural supportive person looking to assist individuals on the autism spectrum to achieve their potential? Autism Jersey is advocating for an inclusive community and we provide personalised services to individuals, families and carers.
SUPPORT STAFF NEEDED (Permanent, Full-time & Zero Hours)
- Trainee Support Workers: A good standard of education & willingness to work towards QCF Level 2 in Health & Social Care.
- No relevant experience necessary.
- Experienced Support Workers: Knowledge of and/or further training in Autistic Spectrum Conditions & challenging behaviour coupled with at least 1 years’ previous support experience is desirable + QCF Level 2 in Health & Social Care / similar qualification.
- Positions require shift, weekend work and sleep-ins.
- Having a positive attitude and flexibility to work shift patterns will be essential.
- All mandatory training would be provided.
- Previous applicants need not apply.
- Driver’s License essential.
5 Years residency is NOT required for these posts.
For more details please email the HR department at HR@autismjersey.org or call 871888.
Autism Jersey is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children & adults at risk – therefore all successful applicants will be required to complete the relevant safeguarding checks.
For more details please email email@example.com or call Julie Barras for further information on 871876.
If we have not contacted you within four weeks of receipt of your application then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion. Due to limited HR resources we are unable to write to all applicants individually.
If you are aged 16 plus and have a willingness to help others then Autism Jersey is looking for volunteers to help with its befriending service.
The befriending service supports Young people and adults with autism or autism related conditions and also siblings of those with a diagnosis to have some support to attend activities they enjoy or to develop life skills, such as eating out in community.
This role is thoroughly rewarding and beneficial to young people and families on Island .
We would offer training on the autistic spectrum, Child/adult foundation safeguarding training and first aid. All volunteers need to be DBS checked and have two references.
For further information or advice on Volunteering for Autism Jersey, please contact our Family Support Team on (01534) 871888 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Useful Information can be found here: