Autism Jersey is Recruiting
As our charity grows and demands for services increase we are looking to fulfill a number of exciting roles within our organisation. If you share our values and are willing to make a difference to the lives of autistic people by delivering the highest standard of support, please get in touch!
Our current vacancies (September 2019):
Please see the vacancy advert on the current vacant positions: 2019 September Job Advert_Various positions
View Job Descriptions here: 2019 JD Zero Hour Support Worker – SBS
AVAILABLE VACANCY: Support Workers
HOURS: Part-Time and Zero Hours – Various days, shifts and hours available.
PAY RATE: £11.83 – £13.30 per hour depending on qualifications and experience
Children Short Break Services
1. After school support sessions (3 pm – 6 pm)
2. Weekend support sessions (3 Hours either Saturdays or Sundays or both).
Adult Short Break Services
1. Part-time / Zero Hour support workers for Saturdays (morning and/or afternoon) – Relevant Experience essential.
2. Part-time / Zero Hour support worker for Sundays (afternoon)
3. Part-time / Zero Hour support worker for morning support sessions Mon-Fri
4. Part-time / Zero Hour support workers for afternoon support sessions Mon–Fri
5. Part-time / Zero Hour support worker for Sat & Sun
6. Part-time / Zero Hour support workers for evening support sessions Mon- Fri.
1. Part-time Support Worker (11 Hours per week) – must be active with preferably a variety of life experience
2. Part-time / Zero-hour support worker for every other Saturday (7.5 Hours).
These roles will be ideally suited for an employee currently working on a Zero Hour Contract, or less than 30 Hours per week who is looking to commit to more hours per week / People looking for evening work / People looking for weekend work or additional hours.
A good standard of education together with knowledge of and/or further training in Autistic Spectrum Condition & challenging behaviour coupled with at least 1 years’ previous support experience is desirable.
All mandatory training would be provided.
5 Years residency is NOT required for these posts.
For more details please email the HR department at HR@autismjersey.org or call 871888.
Autism Jersey is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children & adults at risk – therefore all successful applicants will be required to complete the relevant safeguarding checks.
All applications must be received by 30th September 2019.
For more details please email email@example.com or call Julie Barras for further information on 871876.
If we have not contacted you within four weeks of receipt of your application then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion. Due to limited HR resources we are unable to write to all applicants individually.
If you are aged 16 plus and have a willingness to help others then Autism Jersey is looking for volunteers to help with its befriending service.
The befriending service supports Young people and adults with autism or autism related conditions and also siblings of those with a diagnosis to have some support to attend activities they enjoy or to develop life skills, such as eating out in community.
This role is thoroughly rewarding and beneficial to young people and families on Island .
We would offer training on the autistic spectrum, Child/adult foundation safeguarding training and first aid. All volunteers need to be DBS checked and have two references.
For further information or advice on Volunteering for Autism Jersey, please contact our Family Support Team on (01534) 871888 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Useful Information can be found here: